Featured Post

Introduction... (The first blog post in 2011)...

I am a frum, gay & married male who feels compelled to share. Let me get this out of the way, when I say I am gay ,  I will qualify it...

Monday, October 14, 2013

A short prayer


I am a product of my own experiences...

I am prejudiced
I have bias

I am far from objective, and
I will never practice sincere altruism

I project my standards on others, and 
I am clouded by predetermination

As I conveniently succumb to the vision of my ice-cold eye, and worse, I allow my wicked tongue to wander...

I pray with all my heart and soul that the powers of self awareness take over...

and remind me...

Just as I am so pained when being judged by another; 

May I never, ever begin to judge my brother .

2 comments:

  1. So true! What an amazing prayer for something many of us are guilty of - including myself.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this prayer. Such a healthy reminder to not judge others, especially since we know how it feels to be harshly judged ourselves! I think so often we get caught up with what we feel is deserved, when grace and humility can go so much farther than judgement! Loved this :)

    ReplyDelete